Monday, April 4, 2011

"Moral Philosophy and Me"

I see my self a an absolutist, as I feel that this approach lies in the middle between relativism and universalism, also for me I think that cultural variation is something that we as human should be proud of as it adds more interest to people, for example if we only have the color yellow and we all wear yellow things it will be boring even to look at people, and at the same time we as human all know what is right and what is wrong and we do so not because we are cleaver rather our religious background have opened the way for us to realize what benefit the human civilization and flourish.
Me as a thinker I believe that extremes can never survive only the things that lie in the middle can do so, and accordingly I think that relativism and universalism are extremes and I would rather be in the middle with the absolutism.
My moral standard did not originate from my environment only rather many factors have added to my knowledge such as: religion, and what my creator gave me from intelligence and wisdom.
Competing ethical philosophies seem to over lap when others have different right/ wrong standard that can interfere with other group of people also in the declaration of human rights which reflect more universalism in the article 18 it seemed more like relativism ,as people accept other groups religion and they have the right to teach and to express their religion, so even a universalist can not make it without the help of a relativist, so eventually absolutism is the best approach provided among the “isms”  


No comments:

Post a Comment